Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A tired update


I’m not quite sure how to start this entry off…

My body is tired, we rolled for a hour straight tonight, if not more tonight. There is another tournament these weekend, the Cornhusker state games, so in my mind I was apart of helping every one get ready for battle. We did everything based on how matches are scored. Must say though, I got out pointed at ton, got a couple double leg take downs, one throw and a few tap outs. Beyond that, it was me getting tapped out.
I felt myself getting mad early on, every week I get caught in some of the same holds. Weight is always an issue, I’m almost always the smallest one there and as a said last week, most everyone is much stronger.

I can only get better, I will humble myself and learn from those who are better than me.

In the words of DH Lawrence:

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
  
Until next- I am going to bed… So very tired.
-Brandon/theCPWARRIOR

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I feel your burn out Brandon - almost all to common when we put our everything into something - you know I learn a lot from you even on your most difficult days, I felt the same way the other day when I attended a different school, did no gi for the first time to work with a nice girl going into the Airforce and getting ready for basic training - she didn't stay for gi - so I just "gulp" got scared and said oh well gotta do it - my training partners all males and all very strong - my Instructors very talented - just drills had me feeling like I wanted to puke - I was scared no lie - so I just survived and got tossed around like a helium balloon - took me a full day to recover - but I had to go back - couldn't have the wimp police called on me - My performance was better after a day to prepare and think about my strengths and weaknesses - we have our good and bad days but even in our worst day we do learn - stay strong eyes are on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never was one much for pain...I let my brother's do all the wrestling. lol.

    In regards to the DHL quote....I read that quote once before somewhere and I thought to myself, "How does DHL know? Has he been inside their little bird brains? Maybe they DO feel sorry for themselves, at least in the sense of sorrowing for their pain."

    ReplyDelete