Thursday, May 10, 2012

Me Against Me


With the tournament next Saturday, my heart is filled with excitement fear. Even though from the start my purpose for competing again was for fun. But in all honesty I'm asking myself: "Have I trained enough?" Truthfully, no I haven't, my life doesn't really allow me to do so. And with starting college in the fall I'll only be able to train a few times a week.

In all reality it will probably set me back in my journey a bit. Someone asked me recently "What is more important to you?"

... School? I said, the person agreed with me. I've been coming back to the analogy of climbing a mountain, for some the path up the mountain is some what steady, it may take a bit of energy to pull yourself up at times but over all the climb isn't very difficult. For others though the climb takes along time and requires a lot more of physical, mental and even emotional resources just to climb one more inch.

I know I've gotten better, people have told me that, but if I am able to compete next weekend. I want to do my best, stay calm and do what I do in practice every week. People tell me I'm hard to tap out, so even if I don't win a match I want to fight and defend and not get submitted. I don't want to get caught in any chokes.

And most importantly I'd to try and stay focus with all the other noise going on around me. I'll finish next week strong in the gym. Lets do this!

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, time is short, for sure. But it's almost always the busy people who get things done. Going to school and being a writer and training BJJ can be done - it's all time management. You can do it, brother. It's all gonna be worth it when you climb that mountain.

    ReplyDelete